How To Master Monsoon Dressing
There’s no denying that the Mumbai Monsoons have pleasantly surprised us all this year, and it’s only natural that we celebrate in our not-so-gloomy style! The lovely ladies from the lovebug club have made sure you have all the 411 you need on how to stay at the top of your fashion game this season.
Here goes!
Urban life goals
I am an umbrella girl! I won’t change a thing about my outfit, come rain or storm. For this look, I opted for a thrifted pair of shoes to go with a black umbrella. Why black? Simply because it’s simple yet elegant and because I fuss more about my outfit and hair; not to forget my baby dragons running around me!
The long shorts are my all time favourite when it pours and this denim shirt over a tank top keeps me cozy. My favourite coach bag is an all-rounder. I love light layering and for monsoon I would go for anything above the knee, sandals, minimal jewellery and a black when I plan to walk around in the crazy Mumbai monsoons!
Deepika Khattar
LaCara Bugs
Denzel Washington once said, “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” So here we are to help you deal with this mud and rain.
Bags: Innovations in this industry is one of the reasons we bow down to designers. By creating bags in acetate, silicon and jelly bags they made our lives a little more stress free when it comes to protecting our bags without a hassle.
Footwear: Just because it’s raining, doesn’t you can’t be fashion forward. Keep your best foot forward by wearing cute gumboots (translucent being our personal favourite). If that’s not your style, plastic slip-ons and striped sandals look great as well.
Rain coats: No umbrella? No problem! Back in the days, printed raincoats were reserved for school kids and plain ones for working men. However, these days getting a quirky raincoat to make a style statement is no biggie and easily available.
Shorts: Shorts are most functional and obvious choice for this season. Be it work, a dinner date or a night at the club, make sure you have at least one good pair of shorts.
Umbrella: One of the most obvious choices for monsoon, umbrellas can be anything but boring. Invest in a large, sturdy umbrella that incorporates your personal style and we’re sure it won’t be raining on your parade anytime soon.
LaCaraSnehal: I’m not yet done with summer so I’m going to turn to my easy-breezy bell sleeves top. Wearing shorts in Mumbai rain turned out to be a great idea.
On Snehal: Top: Colaba , Bottom: Vero Moda Shorts,







No comments:
Post a Comment